Monday, March 22, 2010

To-do list

Mark came home on Friday evening. We spent the weekend with our heads together with paper and pen. There were numbers to figure, ideas running around in our head. We have yet to write it all down but plans are forming.

This is what a lay-off comes down to for us; we feel like we have to move beyond the paradigm of expecting our life to be paid for by the grace of an employer. Between the two of us we have many skills. Among all those diversified skills we should be able to make a living.

In the meanwhile I have some things to add to my to-do list.

  1. I have a lot of research to do. Starting with this program.
  2. I have registered for an orchard care class through our cooperative extension. There is also an organic orcharding class with Michael Phelps that I need to register for.
  3. This organization seems like a good resource for some of our plans.
  4. Oh and well, I gotta clean the house today, plant more seeds and bake bread:)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

As always, I'm so impressed with your proactive approach. I think that all of us would be well-served by taking your example, and whether we think our jobs are secure or not, have a back-up plan that includes earning an income in the informal economy.

TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

I admire the way you guys approach this, as a challenge to be overcome and an opportunity to explore.

I wish you well!

Wendy said...

Looks like you have some great ideas. Way to come up with creative solutions!

Ellen said...

I love your attitude and ideas! Keep up the good work!