Saturday, March 6, 2010

In this moment...


I sit, my head bent down over a hole-some sock. I hear the humming of my wee one as he empties mud from one mud hole to another, the swish of his snow pants telling me where he is moving. I hear the breeze swim through the trees, the sound of Mark chopping wood for the boiling sap. I look up and see clothes dancing on the line, rejoicing in the sun. I look forward to the smell of fresh air that lingers in the fibers. I look down and follow my darning needle as it weaves in and out and I think...this is the perfect simple moment....

3 comments:

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

What a beautiful pause of awareness. That will be a moment you will remember for ever.

:)Lisa

leaningapplemama said...

wow...such a beautiful moment!

Joy said...

love your moment!