Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One small change update

I have not used one plastic bag since the beginning of the month. I feel all puffed chest and proud! I really think for me it is a matter of just trying not to leave the housed rushed. Well, it might also have to do with it is too darn cold to go anywhere (yup, Zero Degrees this morning), thus we are not spending any money. Win win! It has become something I have been very intentional about.

I plan to make a couple of more bags this coming week to fill out our bag collection and I was thinking that all the old, hole ridden and stained bags might serve well as liners for my new bags. Keep the pretty on the outside:)

I have also been thinking of stepping it up a bit. I have seen patterns for bring your own veggie bags. So, when I head into town this week I think I will find the material I would need for this as well.

Are practicing One Small Change? How is it going for you?

1 comment:

Robj98168 said...

I have been diligent about reusing paper before recycling. Just realized the paper recycling box at work isn't filling up as fast.My boss commented about my "pad", said that was a good idea. He's all for ideas that don't cost the company a penny, and save trees!