Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I just wanna say.....

Thankyou!

I started this blog over a year ago. I remember when I decided to start the blog. I was standing in our gully surrounded by the buzz of mosquitos and picking the wild raspberries that have over taken this low spot. It was just one of those moments ...the sun shining, my improvised yogurt container cum berry bucket filling, my enthusiasm for the beauty of the fruit. I felt an inspiration for writing that I hadn't felt in a long time.

I used to write everyday for years. I attended poetry readings and my poems have been published in several small journals. I never finished that English degree. But I love words. Arranging them on the page is play for me.

At one point I just lost the groove. I felt like there was too much navel gazing and all I was finding was lint. I am creative by nature and knitting took over where words left off.

My call to this small parcel of land reawakened writing for me. I have children and finding time for the kind of writing I used to engage in is difficult. But I still write.

Now, I want to address you folks that have decided to follow me, you readers who check in here to see how much food I have put up, you folks that leave comments of encouragement and support. I want to say ThankYou!

I meant to do a giveaway in July around the 1 year blogaversary but life was just a little crazy then.

So I would like to announce a giveaway in three parts.

First Item is a this Book. It is a great introductory primer on living green.

Second item is a collection of my favorite recipes collected on recipe cards. Many of the recipes are simple food, tasty and healthy.

The final item is either something knitted by me such as a hat or mittens or if you would rather knit it yourself I have some lovely Peace Fleece to share.

So here are the specifics: Leave a comment, or message me on facebook ( if you are a friend) by next Tuesday at 8pm ( after the polls close). I will announce winners on Wednesday.

Good Luck!

And again thankyou for reading my blog!


12 comments:

Kathy said...

Hm. This isn't one of those contests where winner's can't be relatives, is it? Cause if that's the case -- we are no longer related! lol

Count me in, if you can. :)

And do, by all means, keep writing when and how you can, because children grow up ...

Anna M said...

Thanks for writing it!

Wendy said...

Ah ... A kindred spirit! - and I'm not surprised ;).

I've found that my blog has reawakened my creative juices, as well. I have a B.A. plus 21 graduate hours in English, and my M.A. was going to be in rhetoric and composition. I spent a lot of hours keeping journals and writing before, during and immediately after college, but then, somewhere in between leaving graduate school and when I started blogging (in 2005), writing became not so important. I'm happy to have discovered blogging, because I always felt like something really important was missing from my life ;).

Fleecenik Farm said...

Tauntie, Of course you can enter!

Anna, your welcome!

Wendy, somehow I knew that about you!

Kathie said...

I always enjoy reading here (though I know I don't comment often). Count me in!

Tammy said...

Hi There, I enjoy reading your blog. The gardening, crafts, and raising you kids make for very interesting reading. I was so looking forward to your move to off the grid. You have a lifestyle I would love to have. Keep blogging and write, write that book please.
Can I enter your contest?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first year.. I've truly enjoyed reading your blogs because I'm a country girl at heart and love simple living..
You can add me to your contest list because I'd dearly love to win your recipe cards...
God Bless you and your family and hope you'll be on here another year so we can enjoy sharing your life.

Kristina said...

What a fun giveaway! I love your blog!!! Have a good day!

Kristina

TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

I'll play! I found your blog fairly recently but love hearing about your adventures in Maine.

Kristy said...

I'm so glad we "met" on Ravelry when you PM'd me about my cat's silly toes. I have followed the blog ever since, and thoroughly enjoy it!

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

Robj98168 said...

Keep writing- I love reading what you think! I do enjoy reading about your farm,

Hope I win!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy reading your posts and am endlessly inspired by them!