Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Grateful


We are back in the flow, back to work, back to 2 households. And there are just days with this routine; when it would be so nice to have my partner spell me a bit from mom duty. Alas...

Wee one's day was not good. It is hard to have your dad home for a week and then have him gone. He is angry. And he is sad. And momma did not have enough patience today. We had too much to do. Too many places to be. Too much time in the car.

So, I need to give some thought to what I am grateful for.

I am so grateful to have 2 beautiful boys. My teen is a good person and I love watching him follow his path of self-discovery. The wee one is a joy. He is inquisitive, musical, bright and adorable.

I am grateful for my husband. He is good, kind, loving. A good partner. I know this current arrangement is difficult for him too.

I am grateful for long, refreshing walks during this long warm spell.

I am grateful for the nice school vacation we had together. I got to go to a spin-in. Hubby and I went to a contra dance. We took wee one cross country skiing. We went to Farmington to see our dream home. We tapped our maple trees, found new hens. We gathered in fellowship.

Regardless of what the future may hold for us; I am grateful for the lessons the challenge of our current circumstance has provided us. We have learned to put money in savings. We don't take our time together as a family for granted.


No comments: