Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Let the countdown begin!

Today, I harvested another 5 gallons of carrots. I am going to make another 7 quarts of pickled carrots and can some more up for soup carrots. I went down to the basement to gather the needed jars and realized that I have only 18 quarts left for the season.

This is the first time that I have filled every canning jar.

Well, they are not all filled yet. But we are going to pick some apples this week so I will have another 7 quarts of applesauce, and at least a half dozen quarts of apple pie filling. We are going cranberry picking this week. So I anticipate the last of the 5 pint jars to be filled with cranberry sauce.

I used any jars that were chipped for keeping dehydrated stuffs. I still have the last of the onions and leeks to dehydrated. So I will be scrounging around for some kinda containers for those.

Brother can you spare a jar?

3 comments:

Kristina said...

You will sure enjoy all of the goodies you put up! I canned more this year than I ever have -- mainly tomatoes (whole, tom. sauce, pizza sauce) and green beans. Take care!

Wendy said...

I probably could ... actually. I have some very generous friends, neighbors and family members ;). Are you at all interested in jelly jars?

Fleecenik Farm said...

Why yes, I could use jelly jars. I want to make cranberry jelly/sauce this year. Thanks!